- 5-6: Monday, March 20, 9am
- K-2: Thursday, April 27, 9am
- 3-4: Wednesday, May 31, 9am
Douglas’ annual Talent Shows are organized by music teacher Peter Broggi and Douglas parents/volunteers to showcase the varied talents of our students. Students are encouraged to be as creative as possible in demonstrating their talents. Here are the rules for performances:
- Talents must be school appropriate. Remember that you will be performing for kindergarteners.
- Performances must be safe.
- Talent Show performances need to be limited to 2 minutes or one song, whichever is shorter. Time limit will be strictly enforced by Mr. Broggi.
- Dances must be choreographed, not improvised.
- Singing must be live--no lip-syncs--and singers must provide their own accompaniment music without the lyrics.
- In some cases, Mr. Broggi may be able to accompany performance on the piano or guitar. Please ask in advance.
Signups will be done both by hardc copy (sent by backpack mail) and online. If students are performing in a group, the group only needs to submit one form. Rather than having separate permission slips for each talent show, your permission is granted by filling in a box in the signup form.
Mr. Broggi will have a Talent Week about a week before each Talent Show, which will act as a dress rehearsal for the Talent Show. Students wishing to perform should be prepared to share their talents during their regular music classes during Talent Week.
If you have a K-2 Talent Show performer and you wish for their 3-6 sibling to attend, we are asking for your permission for them to be taken out of class as they will be missing lessons. Please complete a permission slip (a separate form for each 3-6 sibling), and return to the school office by 10am on Tuesday, April 25. (A permission slip will also be sent home via backpack mail.)
If you have any questions, contact TalentShow@DouglasSchoolPto.org.