The Douglas PTO includes all the parents and teachers, working together to enhance the educational experience for students and families at Douglas.
Objective of the Douglas PTO is to promote quality in education through:
- Facilitating parent and faculty communication
- Encouraging parent involvement
- Providing programs and funds that support the school
We encourage parents/guardians to participate as little or as much as they want, from home or at school, on a classroom level or for school-wide activities, during work hours or evenings.
Ways you can participate:
- Attend PTO meetings.
- Complete the volunteer survery.
- Respond to volunteer needs throughout the year.
- A list of ongoing volunteer positions is available under Get Involved.
The PTO co-chairs conduct regular meetings and coordinate all PTO-sponsored activities with the assistance of committee members. All parents and guardians of Douglas students are encouraged to attend the PTO general meetings.
What happens at a PTO meeting?
At the meetings you will:
- Learn about special events, fundraisers.
- Hear the principal’s report from Dr. Whitbeck.
- Hear the most up-to-date Douglas community news.
- Meet others in a casual setting.